A comprehensive report of the weight loss industry market size in the USA which covers the below scope:
- TAM, SAM, SOM
- How many users in the USA lose weight?
- How users lose weight in the USA? (research or investigation)
- What kind of popular programs do exist in the USA?
- What and how famous Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat/etc bloggers earn money by selling devices, programs of services by losing weight
- Projects, startups, kind type of business and the key competitors which help people lose weight
- Some facts and habits in losing weight
- Why, how and when do people lose weight?
- Some additional information (links, articles and so on)
(Graphs and figures included in the report. Example graph below))
The overall weight loss industry in the United States is now worth $xx billion and is forecast to grow 2.6% annually through 2023. Let’s take a look on how these market is segmented into the most popular categories.
Below are a direct quote from the research findings .
- Commercial weight loss chains as a group posted a strong xx% increase in revenues in 2018, to $x.xx billion. WW (Weight Watchers) and Medifast were the big winners, as well as a fairly new franchise called Profile by Sanford. This segment of the market is forecast to grow 8.6% this year and x.x% per year through 2023.
- Meal replacements (shakes, nutrition bars) are still very popular with dieters. They are sold by retailers, diet companies, MLM distributors and are private labeled by physicians. Sales of meal replacements will outpace the growth of OTC diet pills to 2023 (6.8% per year vs. 5,5%). This market segment was worth a combined $x.x billion in 2018. Multilevel marketing companies such as Herbalife, Shaklee, Isagenix, Beach Body and more provide a significant distribution channel for these products, since they are safe, portable and inexpensive.
- Prescription obesity drugs is a $xxx million market that has been flat for years. Sales of the newest medications (Contrave, Belviq, Qsymia) have not gained traction due to cost, insurance coverage and very moderate weight loss. No new antiobesity drugs are expected to enter the market and gain FDA approval before 2022.
- Weight loss surgeries: An estimated 239,000 were performed in the U.S. in 2018, constituting a $x.xx billion market. The number of surgeries has been growing about x% per year. Reimbursement for this typical $25,000 surgery remains a problem.
- Lowcalorie (diet) frozen entrée sales have shown some life lately, after years of flat or declining sales. Producers such as Stouffer’s (Lean Cuisine) and Conagra (Healthy Choice) have turned it around via new items, more natural ingredients and attractive packaging. This is a $x.x billion market.
- Diet Soft Drinks and Artificial Sweetener sales continue to decline. Diet soda sales fell an estimated x.x% to $xx.xx billion in 2018, and artificial sweeteners fell to $x.xx billion.
Number of Americans who are trying to lose weight
From the latest research conducted in the US by the CDC and National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey , nearly half of American adults (49.1%) wants or attempts to lose weight, however, another survey by Gallup revealed that while half of Americans attempts to lose weight only 25% of these are seriously achieving these goals.
[Calculations and estimated included in the report]
Scope included in the full report:
- – The United States weight loss industry in general
- – Market is segmented into the most popular categories
- – Overall weight loss industry market size
- – Weight loss services market size
- – Number of Americans who are trying to lose weight
- – Common ways of losing weight in the United States
- – Average spending per user
- – Number of users on different weight loss revenue sources
- – Demographics and habits of American weight loss watchers
- – Online or social media trends
- – Key companies and competition including leading startups
- – TAM, SAM and SOM FOR WEIGHT LOSS SERVICES (NOT INCLUDING PRODUCTS, DIET FOODS, AND MEDICAL SERVICES OR SURGERIES)
- – All references and source links were provided.
To get copy of the full report, order below.
Weight Loss Industry Market Analysis in the United States
SCOPE INCLUDED IN THIS REPORT: - The United States weight loss industry in general - Market is segmented into the most popular categories - Overall weight loss industry market size - Weight loss services market size - Number of Americans who are trying to lose weight - Common ways of losing weight in the United States - Average spending per user - Number of users on different weight loss revenue sources - Demographics and habits of American weight loss watchers - Online or social media trends - Key companies and competition including leading startups - TAM, SAM and SOM FOR WEIGHT LOSS SERVICES (NOT INCLUDING PRODUCTS, DIET FOODS, AND MEDICAL SERVICES OR SURGERIES) - All references and source links were provided.
Market research, market size, total addressable market, serviceable available market, weight loss industry trends, demographics